Source: Jeff Wettlaufer Blog
Today the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Toolkit V2 went live on the Microsoft Download Center. This release is a follow up to our original release back in 2007. With this V2 release we re-introduced the Delete Group Class, MP Troubleshooter, Preload Package and Send Schedule Tools from the SMS 2003 Toolkit. All four tools where frequently requested from our customers and we are happy to enable them for use with ConfigMgr 2007 with some added features. The release also includes an updated Security Configuration Wizard Template for ConfigMgr 2007 SP2 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Furthermore this release includes all the original 2007 Toolkit tools along with the new ones in one easy to install MSI.
- Client Spy – A tool that helps you troubleshoot issues related to software distribution, inventory, and software metering on Configuration Manager 2007 clients.
- Delete Group Class Tool – A tool used to remove inventory group definitions along with history data, tables, views and stored procedures for the group.
- New in 2007: In addition to removing the entries in the GroupMap and AtttributeMap tables, Delete Group Class Tool also removes the inventory stored procedures, schema views and tables.
- Desired Configuration Management Migration Tool – A tool used to migrate from the DCM Solution for SMS 2003 to DCM in ConfigMgr 2007.
- Desired Configuration Management Model Verification Tool – A tool used by desired configuration management content administrators for the validation and testing of configuration items and baselines authored externally from the Configuration Manager console.
- Desired Configuration Management Substitution Variable Tool – A tool used by desired configuration management content administrators for authoring desired configuration management configuration items that use chained setting and object discovery.
- Management Point Troubleshooter Tool – A tool that checks a computer system before and after a management point installation to ensure that the installation meets the requirements for management points.
- New in 2007: MP Troublshooter Tool can detect WebDAV rules and will provide simple automatic fix, which will help admin to correct issues like WebDAV authoring rules. Also supports Native Mode.
- Policy Spy – A policy viewer that helps you review and troubleshoot the policy system on Configuration Manager 2007 clients.
- Preload Package Tool – A tool used to manually install compressed copies of package source files on Configuration Manager 2007 sites.
- New in 2007: Preload Package Tool now supports compressing packages before transferring them across the network. Supported Packages: Software Distribution Package, Virtual Application Package, Boot Image, Operating System Image, Operating System Install Package and Driver Package.
- Security Configuration Wizard Template for Configuration Manager 2007 – The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) is an attack-surface reduction tool for the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. Security Configuration Wizard determines the minimum functionality required for a server’s role or roles, and disables functionality that is not required. The Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 Security Configuration Wizard template supports new site system definitions and enables the required services and ports.
- Send Schedule Tool – A tool used to trigger a schedule on a Client or trigger the evaluation of a specified DCM Baseline. You can trigger a schedule either locally or remotely.
- New in 2007: Send Schedule Tool can now trigger DCM Baseline evaluation.
- Trace32 – A log viewer that provides a way to easily view and monitor log files created and updated by Configuration Manager 2007 clients and servers.